Tuesday, October 30, 2012

on the flip side

And the big news of the day is that . . .Sandy was a doozy, possibly the biggest hurricane to ever hit the US, over a dozen deaths, millions of people without power, likely billions of dollars of damage done.




Spc. Brett Hyde, Tomb Sentinel, 3d U.S. Infantry Regiment (The Old Guard), keeps guard over the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier during Hurricane Sandy at Arlington National Cemetery, Va., Oct. 29, 2012. Hyde lives by the Sentinel's Creed which in part says “Through the years of diligence and praise and the discomfort of the elements, I will walk my tour in humble reverence to the best of my ability”. (U.S. Army Photo by Sgt. Jose A. Torres Jr.)
 


On a selfish note, I'm just happy I have power to be able to post this, not that anyone cares but I post this for my own benefit.  If anyone stumbles onto my little blog, they're welcome to peek into the recesses of my mind though I have no guarantee they will find it amusing or interesting but hey, I find it both ways & that's all that matters.  hee hee

Anyway, I am sorry for the people who lost their lives in this monster storm.  I am happy for the people who were out there helping others.  I am hopeful that the people who lost their things to the floods and whatnot will be able to get their lives back soon.  I hope all out there stay safe & remember to prepare. God speed!

No comments:

Post a Comment