Tuesday, November 13, 2012

selfish, in a way

I'm being selfish.  I got early birthday money and kept $20 of it out of the family spending pocket.  My aunty also gave me $35, which I again kept $20 for my self.  My husband because he loves me got tips today and gave $20 to me.  The total so far is just $60.  I've also been telling people that if they do want to get me anything for my birthday or the upcoming Christmas holiday, cash would be the most appreciated.

You may be wondering why in the marketing world am I actually keeping money to myself and not using it for the better of my family as I normally do.  I have finally started my archery/sanity fund.  It is money that I am hoping to use to buy a nice archery set so that when I'm stressed I can find some place away from people and just shoot arrows.

Rustic Medieval Recurve

Rustic Medieval Recurve


I can only pray that I don't need the money for another reason, which with the way things are going, I am guess it will be the more likely choice.  I do feel selfish keeping this money for myself though when there are more helpful ways in which this money could be used for my family but I want to feel selfish.  I want something for just me.  It's been so long since I've done something like that.  I also feel that maybe getting something that will relieve stress and put my mental and emotional state in a better place, it will make me a better person in general, which is also a good thing for my family and anyone in general.  Well, that's what I keep telling myself anyway.

Here's hoping.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment