Monday, April 27, 2015

PSA: Yes, I'm cheap

Yuppers, I totally admit it that I'm a cheap. I hate buying anything that's not on sale. I adore reusing because not only does it help save the environment but it saves me money. I'm the lady in the line holding up a fistful of coupons with her club card brandished out for the cashier to scan at any moment.

That's not to say that I'll buy something just cause it's a lower price. I won't sacrifice quality. If I don't like it, that means I won't use it, which means it sits there til I throw it away, which means I didn't get my money's worth out of it. All the better, that I can get the items I want for a lesser price. After all, why should I pay more when all I need to do is sign up for an e-mail and print it out so that I can receive a certain amount off the original price? Spending a few minutes here and there to cut out a coupon is worth the few dollars I can take off the full price. Simple math teaches us that a few bucks and pennies off here and there will add up to bigger dollars over time and if you're going to buy the item anyway then it's absolutely worth it.

Taking a rough estimate, by going with sales and coupons, in just grocery shopping, I save at least $30 a week on grocery shopping. That's a clear gain of money not spent at around $1500 a year on food. That doesn't include the coupons and sales that I use on other everyday things such as office supplies, arts and crafts, clothing, entertainment and gifts throughout the year. Put it all together and I'm banking at least $2000 a year. Who wouldn't want to hold onto $2000 a year? Yes, it does take time going through those flyers, cutting the coupons, sorting through dozens of emails a day to get those discounts but a few hours a week isn't the worst drawback.

My favorite website, which I'm totally grateful to my sister for showing it to me:  www.mypoints.com
There are so many ways to earn money and such on this website. Sign up is free. You can opt to get emails about different bargains, of which by simply clicking on the email you can get 5 pts. You can print coupons and get 10 pts for every one used with bonus points. By going through that website first and finding out if the store you're planning on ordering online from is affiliated with them, you can click through and get a certain amount of points for every dollar you spend. If you only do that, it's such an easy way to get points if you're a big online shopper anyway with barely any effort on your part and a lot of major stores are on their partnering store list. You can even buy gift cards through this website and earn points that way. These points that keep accumulating are used for redeeming gift cards. Gift cards such as restaurants, major brand stores and a few other things. I've received over $200 worth of free gift cards from using this website.

Totally worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment