Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Enduring Second Winter

February was InCoWriMo. The plan for March had been to get started on the yard but the weather was crazy with a nor'easter every week and that trend has continued into the current month of April. Actual spring weather has just started in the last week. Yard work has at least been started but I have no idea when it might continue and when it might finally get finished. I almost feel bad for my neighbors who have to see my eyesore of a flower bed because I know I'm not a fan of it.

In April we were supposed to start our outdoor survival courses. With the weather trapping us indoors and giving us a second winter, we were wanting to spend time outdoors with walk and hikes. While we would be out there, my husband wants to brush up on our survival skills with small lessons like pointing out plants that might be harmful to us and such. We're all actually looking forward to it. 

In the meantime, I've been working on my calligraphy. I've always been complimented on my handwriting and I actually do like my handwriting but I think it'd be fun to do different styles and I've always loved word art but I want to put up my own sayings with brush lettering. 

And now, I will leave you with a quote:
"Perseverance and strength of character will enable us to bear much worse tings." 
--Charles Dickens

No comments:

Post a Comment