Saturday, July 22, 2017

Time to plan

I honestly have no concept of time most days, as evidenced by inability to keep this blog updated regularly. I've been doing good lately though and I hope to keep it up and keep working on things that I tend to lay to the side and not always pick back up. I think I've found a working solution  to this problem. Recently I've gotten into planners, which I know sounds weird.

A friend of mine got into bullet journaling, which is a keeping of a schedule, to do list, goal tracker, brain dump, gratitude journal and whatever else you want to keep track of and jot it down using a bullet writing system. It's a living system that you create as you go to figure what you got done already and keep an ongoing list of things that still need to be done. It can very much be a minimalist system taking just seconds but some people really get into it and decorate their journals with art using markers, watercolors and anything they want with different design spreads and such.


I was intrigued with the idea but I wasn't sure if I could keep up with such a practice. I ended up watching youtube videos to see all the different ways that people do things and there is a whole community of people who do this. This video gives you the basics of the system by the person who actually created it. 










This video gives you an idea of just how far some people get into this system and how much you can really do with the bullet journal. I love how you can personalize it and get as creative with it as you want.




I have since tripped into the planner community. Once again, there are people who completely dedicate themselves to creating and decorating their planners and it's a whole industry with companies such as Erin Condren and The Happy Planner. Some of it is too much for me but for me, the system seemed to have a lot of merit in it. I've had planners before but I was never able to keep up with doing it. I decided to give it a shot though cause I needed something more to do than just using my Ipad mini 4. My to-do lists in the reminders app just wasn't cutting it and kept getting longer and longer. 

I went into Michael's craft store and bought a Recollections planner and I love it. In just 2 weeks I've gotten more done in 2 weeks than I have in the past 2 months. I've been slowly getting into it but have limited myself to a sticker pack, 2 different stick note packs and 2 different colored pens. I use my Ipad mini as a type of future log and my planner for more weekly and day to day planner.

Just putting this out there that I didn't know about any of these types of videos until after I had bought my Recollections planner. 

I also have another smaller journal that do create as I go, almost like a real bullet journal but using my own spread, to keep track of personal goals such as making sure I'm drinking enough water every day, working on my own personal goals and taking time for myself. 

It all seems like a lot and I would agree but it's working cause I've had time to play video games! In fact, I'm so excited to say that I beat the first Mass Effect game and I'm in the middle of playing Mass Effect 2 with plans to play Mass Effect 3 afterwards! Who knows if I'll still be into this 18 months later, when my current planner is finally finished, that maybe I'll buy a name brand planner such The Happy Planner. I love the idea of actually combining my weekly work planner with my daily personal planner into 1 book system. 

In case you can't tell . . .I'm Kassandra and I'm a stationery addict.  lol

No comments:

Post a Comment