Thursday, July 6, 2017

Declaration against ignorance

I adore history. I'm a big believer of "Learn your history, man, or you'll be doomed to repeat it!" After all, how can we understand where we are going if we don't know where we have already been? I'm very happy in any type of museum, whether it be science, art or whatever. It is fascinating to me to see objects from a time long ago and makes me wonder how our ancestors were thinking or what they might think of this current time. '

It's likely the reason why I enjoy Independence Day as we celebrate how our country's forefathers fought for right to live the way they wanted to. For most it's a day of BBQ and fireworks but for me, it's remembering the ideals that people wanted so long ago, fought so hard for and how we take them for granted.




No comments:

Post a Comment