Thursday, January 8, 2015

It's January again, a sort of Monday

January has become my least favorite month. When you think about it, there's almost a sense of logic to that idea. After all, what is everyone's least favorite day of the week? It's Monday, of course, the first day of the week and January is the first month of the year. There is that bit of a correlation, even if there really isn't all that much practical logic to the situation but when one is speaking of emotions, there never really is any logic to things, is there? It's not as if I have a personal problem with the month of January but it does seem like it's out to get me.


Last January was a mess to say the least. It was snow fall after snow fall and power outages to make things even more difficult, not to mention the personal business of losing a loved one in the most unexpected way with petty dramas on the side. This year doesn't seem to be going that much more different. The weather is terrible with below freezing temps and wind chills that take your breath away. While there is no current loss of a loved one, there is the threat of loss with the unexpected realization of the reclining health of a loved one and the situation just seems a bit too similar not to give one a sense of eerie foreboding.  Also, that petty drama never seems to go away, no matter how often I avoid it.

I'm doing my best to hold onto positive thinking but it's difficult. Memories of last year are threatening to bleed over with the problems of this year and I'm having issues of holding onto my own emotions. When it gets bad, I take some deep breaths until I feel my pulse stops racing and then I keep going because I have no other choice except to continue but things don't stop. I'm praying things get better and all I can ask right now is any positive thoughts to be sent my way. I remind myself though, I can do it and I will do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment