Tuesday, July 8, 2014

-current- Season cleaning

I will be the first person to admit that being organized is a bit of an obsession for me.  To my husband, it's a huge obsession and often a contingent of fighting between us.

It's the same old story that I want to clean and get rid of things while he doesn't want to go through stuff and doesn't want to throw anything away.  It's a curious situation to me cause he's a tech geek who loves all the new shineys, gets a new shiney he wants to use right now but refuses to throw the old shiney because it might still be useful even though new shiney is supposed to be a replacement for old shiney.  I love my trinkets and personal shineys but I'm well aware that a person can't keep everything and there's no point in trying to keep everything.  There's only so many hours in a day and if a person has too many things to do, I ask how can that person enjoy each and every single item.  The answer is that it's impossible, if you have too much stuff.  Also, interests come and go and people change and move on.  What once might have been important may no longer have meaning many years or just weeks later.  I hate to be inundated with junk constantly and refuse to live like that constantly.

It's good to clean, good to get rid of and good to keep some things, but not to the point that things no longer have meaning.  Here's a little motivation:

No comments:

Post a Comment