Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Shoot for the moon; if you miss you'll still land amongst the stars

A bit of a corny title but something I believe holds a ring of truth and seemed quite fitting for the topic. I got my archery set. All thanks to my hubby who just a few days before Christmas handed me a wad of cash and told me that with the cash I had saved up so far and the cash I would receive for Christmas, I should have more than enough for the items I want and so still recovering from flu symptoms, we traveled out to Lancaster Archery Supply Store, where I proceeded to pick out my bow of choice, arrows and other such supplies. I chose a lovely single piece Sammick Volcano recurve with a 30 lb. pull back. I also grabbed an inexpensive quiver and just 6 arrows.  I got to test it in the store and it was perfect.



With my lingering symptoms and with it being January but thanks to the wackiness of the weather's temperature, it was less than a week before I could take my bow and really shoot with it. It was cold, slightly windy and drizzling rain but it was still an awesome experience to target practice with my very own bow. I'm not all that good but I can hit the target with semi-accurate intent and I need to build up arm strength but I found the thing that makes the weight of the world fall from shoulders. When I hold up my bow and drawback my arrow, there are no other stresses or worries in that single moment as I focus on getting the arrow to hit the target.  It's an amazing feeling to see that arrow stuck right into the target and I can't wait til it really warms up and I can shoot some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment