Monday, March 20, 2017

Spring forward

Today was the vernal equinox. In laymen's terms, it's the day where the length of day is equal to the length of night, which is also the astronomical marking of the first day of spring.

There's lots of meaning to this day for a bunch of different days as it usually coincides with different religious affiliations and such. For me, I've never had much of a definition for this day and I'm not really sure why that is. I've always been obsessed with astronomy and astrology and anything having to do with the stars and such so there is that aspect that draws my attention to this day but that's it. This is a day of rebirth in a lot of wiccan/pagan rituals, which I've always felt a connection to, and it's a big celebration in Hindu cultures and of course, it's basically Easter in Christianity, but none of those have a deep connection to me. It's odd because I do feel something for the autumnal equinox but perhaps that's only because my birthday is not far off from that day. I'm not sure why that is but I may have to start thinking about it.

In the mean time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment