Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Hate is such a strong word

To be straightforward, this is not to someone or even about someone. Certain events have brought up new understandings of my own thought process that I'm still trying to process, of which I'd like to share some these ponderings (I know that's a made up word but I liked the sound of it and am therefore using it.)

The idea of hatred on a personal level is what I'm concerned about. I don't hate. I strongly dislike things, and I've often used the word hate as a hyperbole, but I don't honestly hate things and, most especially, not people. The closest to hating something is my fear of snakes, and I don't necessarily hate the creatures themselves but more so, that I hate my reaction to them. I dislike people. I may not respect their choices but its their choice, and as their choices do not harm others around them, I have no problem with them. I get angry over people's decisions that do hurt themselves, others and myself but I can't hate the person who made that choice. Hating a person for a decision that they follow through is too much like taking way a person's free will and I do believe in free will above many things. After being angry, then I try to forgive and whether I'm able to give my forgiveness or not, I move on.

I don't dwell. The person made their decision and I've made decision and there's nothing that can be done about it as the past can't be changed. If I make the choice to no longer have anything to do with a person, I have made my choice. It's not a decision made of out of hate but as a desire to move on because at that point, so much has happened that I'm done with the situation and I don't care. It's not a choice made out of whim but with careful thought. It is my decision and unless there is something that brings new clarity to the situation, I likely won't change my mind.

I suppose in a way, inattention and disinterest can seem like hatred to someone who thrives on attention, sympathy and such things. The fact of the matter though is that I don't hate. I just don't care. I have no more interest in what has happened and I have moved my feelings and thoughts onto more interesting things. I have better things to do than to worry about what another person thinks of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment