Tuesday, June 10, 2014

In summer

School's out for the summer, or at least it will be in about 2 days.  It's a day that every kid looks forward to and all parents dread.  

Actually, it's not all quite that dramatic.  I like having my kid at home and the fact that I only have 1 kid helps with that mentality a lot.  I do enjoy spending time with her though of course, I enjoy those few hours that she spends with the grandparents every so often, which happens just once or twice a month.  I never wanted to be one of those parents who drops off their kid/s every weekend at the grandparents while during the week the kid is at daycare while parents works.  Seriously, what's the point of having a kid if you never spend time with the child?  

During the school year, it gets so busy it feels like I never see my own kid so I'm looking forward to this summer.  I like our family day trips whether to someplace fun and different or just out running errands together.  It's not just idle time.  I usually have a planned educational hour everyday, whether it'll be practicing her recorder, reading a book together, doing an art and craft project and other such activities.  This year I'm adding astronomy to the learning lessons and I can't wait for a late night or two looking through my telescope to show her the wonders of the universe.  


Bring on the longer days, bring on the warm weather.  I'm looking forward to it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment