Tuesday, April 15, 2014

The pen is mightier than the keyboard

I fancy myself a writer.  I'm aware of the fact that I'm being redundant as this is a post of a fairly well updated blog.  Granted, I do absolutely nothing to promote my blog but I write things and I put it here as part of my creative process.

Again, to obviously state, I'm not a stranger to technology.  I have a smartphone--Samsung Galaxy S3, to be exact and, which in case you can't tell, I do love having it though I don't use it as constantly as some may think.  As said in a previous post, I also have an Ipad2.  It is my second brain, and without it my productive levels would be near nil or feel close enough to it.  I also have a PC.  My current model is not one that I built myself.  Due to space constraints, I have a Toshiba All-in-1 touch screen desktop.  I have no use for it being a touch screen but the specs are standard and as I mostly type, read, research with the occasional Sims game, it does it's job very well.


With having all that established, I adore pen and paper.  A lot of my non-prose poetry, that no one is ever allowed to read, is still put into a blank book of sorts.  I collect interesting journals and I love new types of pens.  My favorite type of writing instruments are fountain pens and such.  I do even own a quill with a bottle of ink.  There is just something romantic to take fill an empty page with the written word.  For me, it feels like my hand knows what to put down before my thought process has even started.

The point is, though, that when it comes to sharing thoughts and ideas, do so in whatever way you feel comfortable and never feel limited to a single medium.  

No comments:

Post a Comment