Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Education takes more than 1

I had an appointment to go to my child's parent/teacher conference.  To be honest, I don't feel it's very relevant for me to go to this particular meeting.

Don't get me wrong and believe that I have no concern for my child's education.  I volunteer to help in my child's classroom every so often, put money into fund raisers and such and try to come to all the little special programs.  I'm not an official home room parent but I'm there a good bit of the time.  Also, I talk with my kid.  I ask her how her day went, what she did during different times, who she plays with sometimes.  I'm involved with my best effort to not be smothering at the same time.  

With that fact established, my kid is in kindergarten so I'm not really sure what more can be said besides what has already been said to me about her, her attitude and her education and for the record and nor am I trying to brag or exaggerate, I only ever hear good things about my daughter.  

I went to this parent/teacher conference, not for my benefit but for the betterment of my kid.  I do feel it's important to be involved and you either are in or not.  For my kid, I'm there for her always.  It takes a community to raise a child so here I, as a parent, talk to the teacher of my child.

Plus, it's always great to hear how awesome my kid is.

proud parent!

No comments:

Post a Comment