Monday, August 19, 2013

From school to college is the hope

Speaking of school, I am taking free online courses from https://www.coursera.org/

It's a pretty awesome website if I'm allowed to share.  Courses that are taught from prestigious universities and colleges from not only around the United States but all over the world are offered for free.  There are no current credits to be transferred over but they're working more and more on it and will hopefully be able to do even more in the future.  There's a whole mess load of different subjects that anyone might be interested in from medical to philosophy to music and history.  You have the option of simply sitting in on some high level intellectual lectures or actually joining in on assignments and discussion boards with other students from all over the world.

In case you can't tell, I love it.  I'm currently enrolled in Introductory to Human Physiology.  I can't even begin  to tell you how much I have learned from this class and it's only 3 weeks into it.  Please, check it out, sign up and learn something.  Only a stupid person doesn't try!!

No comments:

Post a Comment