Tuesday, May 28, 2013

frenemy, be gone!

Did you have that moment when you realize that this heavy weight on your chest, that you never knew just how much it weighed you down, is suddenly gone?  This weight happens to be the mass of a certain person that used to be in your life.  Yeah, it's like that, but I'm not actually going to talk about any one person or specific situation.  Contrary to popular opinion, I don't trash people behind their back so there won't be details or any even mentioning of things that have directly happened to me.  No matter how vain the other person may be, I'm stating outright that this isn't about them, but about me and this is my blog so I'm allowed to talk about myself.  If I have something to say to someone, I say it to the person.  I actually wish the person the best in their life, as long as this person's life doesn't impede on my own.  What I'm here to talk about now are my own personal feelings about toxic people in general.

To be honest, I'm surprised how much lighter I feel, like I've been released from this trap that I hadn't even known had latched onto me and was squeezing the life out of me.  I hadn't realized how much weight I had given to such a bad situation, how guilty I felt over things that I knew made no logical sense but still worried about other people's feelings.  It was stupid of me really.  It wasn't my fault that my life didn't revolve around these other people and I felt bad about it, but no longer.  I'm free and it feels wonderful.  

The point to this post is an affirmation to myself and about myself.  I started this plan to a "Better Me."  It started out with the turtling myself for almost the past year as I contemplated what I thought of myself, what others think of me and what I thought of them.  I came to the conclusion that others may not be happy with me but that's fine as I'm happy with the choices I've made so far.  It's time that I focused on myself.  I have projects that I want to finish so that's what I'm going to do as I continue to take care of mine.  It's time to branch out again, open myself up to new experiences and all that.  At the end of the day, as long as the most important people around me are happy, that's what matters.  

& yup, here's some angry chick music.  


No comments:

Post a Comment